Startup India Registration
Startup India Registration is a scheme launched by the Government of India in January 2016 to support and promote startups in the country. The objective of this scheme is to create a conducive environment for startups to grow and flourish, and to boost entrepreneurship in India.WhatsApp
Startup India Registration is a scheme launched by the Government of India in January 2016 to support and promote startups in the country. The objective of this scheme is to create a conducive environment for startups to grow and flourish, and to boost entrepreneurship in India. Under the Startup India scheme, startups can register themselves with the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) to avail various benefits and incentives offered by the government. The registration process is online and free of cost, and can be done through the Startup India portal. Some of the benefits and incentives offered to startups under the Startup India scheme include tax exemptions, funding support, access to networking and mentorship opportunities, and fast-track patent examination. In addition, the government has also launched various other initiatives to support startups, such as the Atal Innovation Mission, Stand-Up India scheme, and the Technology Business Incubator scheme. In summary, Startup India Registration is a scheme launched by the Government of India to promote and support startups in the country, and offers various benefits and incentives to registered startups.
Eligibility criteria for Start-up India Registration
To be eligible for Startup India Registration, a business must meet the following criteria:
- Business Type: The business must be registered as a Private Limited Company, Partnership Firm, Limited Liability Partnership (LLP), or a One Person Company (OPC).
- Age of the Business: The business must have been incorporated or registered in India for not more than 10 years from the date of its incorporation or registration.
- Turnover: The business must have an annual turnover of less than Rs. 100 crore for any of the financial years since its incorporation.
- Innovation: The business must be working towards innovation, development, or improvement of products, processes, or services, or have a scalable business model with a high potential for employment generation or wealth creation.
- Certification: The business must be certified by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) as an eligible startup, either through the Startup India portal or through a recognized incubator.
Benefits and Incentives
Startups registered under the Startup India scheme are eligible for a wide range of benefits and incentives offered by the government of India. Some of the key benefits and incentives are:
- Tax Exemption: Startups are eligible for a tax holiday for a period of three years from the date of incorporation, subject to meeting certain conditions.
- Easy Compliance: Startups are allowed self-certification of compliance under various labour and environmental laws for a period of five years from the date of incorporation.
- Access to Funding: Startups can apply for funding through various schemes offered by the government of India, such as the Fund of Funds for Startups (FFS) and the Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for Micro and Small Enterprises (CGTMSE).
- Faster Patent Examination: Startups can avail a fast-track examination of their patent application under the expedited examination process offered by the Indian Patent Office.
- Networking and Mentorship: Startups can connect with various mentors, investors, and other startups through the Startup India portal and various other initiatives launched by the government of India.
- Access to Incubators: Startups can access incubation facilities and services provided by recognized incubators, including funding, mentoring, and networking opportunities.
- Participation in Events: Startups can participate in various national and international events, conferences, and exhibitions to showcase their products or services and connect with potential investors or customers.
- Recognition: Startups registered under the Startup India scheme are recognized and promoted by the government of India, which can help them gain visibility and credibility in the market.
The following is a list of documents required for Startup India Registration:
- Certificate of Incorporation or Registration Certificate: This is the certificate issued by the Registrar of Companies (RoC) or any other competent authority certifying the registration of the business as a private limited company, partnership firm, limited liability partnership (LLP), or one person company (OPC).
- PAN Card of the Company: The Permanent Account Number (PAN) card of the company or entity is required for registration.
- Address Proof: The address proof of the registered office of the business, such as a utility bill, property tax receipt, or lease agreement.
- Details of Directors/Partners: The details of all the directors/partners, including their name, address, and PAN card.
- Bank Account Details: The bank account details of the business, including the account number and IFSC code.
- Business Pitch: A brief description of the business, its products or services, and the target market.
- Description of Innovation: A brief description of the innovative aspect of the business, such as its unique product or service or a new process or technology used.
- Self-Certification: A self-certification of the business's eligibility criteria as per the Startup India scheme
- Letter of Recommendation: A letter of recommendation from an incubator recognized by the government of India, or a letter of support from a startup accelerator, industry association, or state or central government.
Process of Start-up India Registration
- Self-Certification: The first step is to ensure that the business meets the eligibility criteria for the Startup India scheme. The business must be incorporated as a private limited company, partnership firm, limited liability partnership (LLP), or one-person company (OPC), and should not be more than 10 years old. The business should also have an annual turnover of less than Rs. 100 crore in any financial year.
- Registration on the Startup India Portal: The next step is to register on the Startup India portal (https://www.startupindia.gov.in/). The registration process requires the submission of basic information such as the name and contact details of the business, the nature of the business, and the date of incorporation.
- Uploading of Documents: Once registered on the portal, the business needs to upload the required documents such as the certificate of incorporation, PAN card, address proof, and details of the directors/partners.
- Letter of Recommendation: The business needs to obtain a letter of recommendation from an incubator recognized by the government of India, or a letter of support from a startup accelerator, industry association, or state or central government.
- Submission of Application: Once all the required documents and information have been uploaded, the business needs to submit the application for Startup India Registration.
- Processing of Application: The application is then processed by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) and a certificate of recognition is issued to the business if all the requirements are met.
Why approach LAWYASA?
- Expert guidance: Lawyasa provides expert guidance and assistance throughout the registration process, ensuring that all legal requirements are met.
- Online platform: Lawyasa is an online platform, which means that you can access our services from anywhere, anytime.
- Experienced professionals: Lawyasa has a team of experienced professionals who are well-versed in legal requirements and can provide expert advice and guidance.
- Quick turnaround time: Lawyasa strives to provide quick and efficient services, ensuring that your registration is completed in a timely manner.
How can LAWYASA assist?
- Eligibility Check: Lawyasa can help businesses determine their eligibility for the Startup India scheme by reviewing their incorporation documents, financial statements, and other relevant information.
- Document Preparation: Lawyasa can assist businesses in preparing the required documents such as the certificate of incorporation, PAN card, address proof, and details of the directors/partners.
- Application Submission: Lawyasa can submit the application for Startup India Registration on behalf of the business and ensure that all the required information and documents are complete and accurate.
- Follow-up with DPIIT: Lawyasa can follow up with the DPIIT to track the status of the application and ensure that it is processed in a timely manner.
- Legal Compliance: Lawyasa can also assist businesses in ensuring that they comply with the legal and regulatory requirements applicable to startups in India.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can foreign companies or NRIs register for Startup India?
Q: Can a business registered under the MSME scheme also register for Startup India?
Q: Can a startup register for Startup India after it has been in operation for more than 5 years?
Q: What is the time frame for receiving the recognition certificate for Startup India?
Q: Can a startup apply for multiple benefits under Startup India?
Q: Can a startup avail tax benefits under Startup India?
Q: Can a startup change its business model after registering for Startup India?
Q: Can a startup be registered under Startup India and also avail benefits under other government schemes?
Q: Is it mandatory for a startup to have a website or mobile application to register for Startup India?
Q: Can a startup registered under Startup India operate in multiple states in India?
See what our clients say about us ...
“Lawyasa exceeded my expectations. They were extremely thorough in their analysis of my legal issue and provided me with clear and concise guidance. Their team was always available to answer my questions and provide updates.”
Co founder, United Force Healthcare Pvt Ltd.
Brilliant Legal Team Safeguards Space Group's Operations Efficiently
The legal advice & paperwork the team gives is brilliant & they have helped us to remain protective on a lot of our company work here at Space Group. I highly recommend this legal team & that they are super fast at drafting & vetting documents with sound knowledge of the legal compliances.
CEO, Space India
Awesome Insights for De-risking Small Business Contracts
Matisha and her team are simply awesome. Her insights helped me identify risks and aspects of my business that I was missing. Extremely customer focussed and an absolute asset for small business owners looking to de-risk their legal contracts.
Founder, Sales Panther
Excellent Law Firm for Pvt Ltd Company Incorporation!
I had a fantastic experience with the team while incorporating my Pvt Ltd company. Team Lawyasa is highly knowledgeable, efficient, and provided exceptional guidance throughout the entire process. I highly recommend their services for anyone seeking a seamless company incorporation.
Co founder, WhiteChalk